You live in New York or New Jersey and you (or a family member) have just been told that you have mesothelioma. You learn that you have a potential mesothelioma lawsuit, given that asbestos is the only established cause of mesothelioma in the United States. You go on the Internet and find out that there are many law firms in the United States that advertise themselves as "Mesothelioma Law Firms". What questions should you ask when choosing a "Mesothelioma Law Firm", particularly if you live (or were exposed to asbestos) in New York or New Jersey.
Here are some important questions to ask:
1. Does the law firm have offices in New York and New Jersey?
2. Has the law firm obtained jury verdicts in mesothelioma cases in New York and New Jersey?
3. Does the law firm have a proven track record in litigating mesothelioma cases in New York and New Jersey?
4. How many clients does the law firm represent? Will your mesothelioma case be "just another number" to the law firm handling the case?
The answers for Levy Phillips & Konigsberg, LLP ("LPK"), http://www.lpklaw.com, are:
4. LPK represents a limited number of clients and gives individual attention to each case.
These Qs and As appear in more detail at: http://nynjmesothelioma.com/qanda.php